We can provide night guards in Altadena, California, to help alleviate many common nighttime oral conditions, including bruxism. If you often wake up with a sore jaw, tense facial muscles or notice abnormal wear on your teeth, please call Mint Dental Loft at 626.639.8618. Our team will help you schedule a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Tran Han at a time that accommodates your schedule.
Bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching, can occur at any time, However, it is much more common at night. As such, many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition. Common symptoms of bruxism include:
- Chronic pain in the jaw, ear and facial areas
- Tired or tight feeling is the jaw, especially when waking up
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines, especially in the morning
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Chipped, flattened, cracked or excessively worn teeth
- Worn down tooth enamel
- Exposed inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Stiffness and pain in the jaw, leading to a TMJ disorder
If our dentist diagnoses you with bruxism, the first step she may recommend is being fitted for a night guard. Night guards are custom oral appliance worn while asleep. They are designed to fit your mouth comfortably and prevent your teeth from touching while you sleep. This halts the damage to your teeth and smile, preventing further problems from occurring. After your bruxism has been brought under control, our dentist will be able to develop a treatment plan to repair and restore your teeth so that you can once again enjoy a healthy smile.
For more information about night guards and to set up an appointment with our caring dentist, please contact our office today.